Dedicated New Jersey Family Lawyer Advocates for Clients’ Rights
West New York attorney handles divorce and other domestic issues
At Winograd and Schwartz, Attorneys at Law, P.C., we have extensive experience in family law and stay abreast of changing laws, procedures and innovations in the field. Our West New York firm fully explains the divorce process and other family law concepts so that you can make well-informed decisions about the people closest to you. Attorney Laraine Schwartz has helped clients seek fair and just results in family law matters for more than 30 years in Hudson and Bergen counties. Her dedication to providing personalized counsel and achieving lasting results helps clients overcome tough situations and move ahead confidently. Whether you are going through a divorce, are looking to adopt a child or have another type of family law concern, we will deliver the representation that you deserve.
Accomplished advocate assists with matrimonial and parenting matters
Serving clients throughout Hudson and Bergen counties, our firm offers strong counsel on a complete range of family law issues, including:
- Divorce — When it is time to end a marriage, we provide comprehensive legal support tailored to your specific goals and circumstances. Though divorce is never enjoyable, we effectively handle legal issues such as spousal support and property distribution while considering your emotional needs.
- Child support — Whether you are a custodial parent seeking child support or a noncustodial parent who must make support payments, our firm will vigorously assert your rights in initial proceedings, modification or enforcement actions.
- Child custody — Parents who break up must focus on the well-being of their children above all else. Our personalized approach to each case means that we can develop a thorough argument for a result that is truly in your son’s or daughter’s best interests.
- Adoption — Welcoming a child into your home is a wonderful step to take, but complicated rules can frustrate the most dedicated prospective parents. In domestic and international adoptions, our firm prepares the necessary documents and makes every possible effort to keep the process moving smoothly.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — It is much easier to establish fair terms regarding issues such as property division and alimony before a problem exists in the marriage. We help to create prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to provide a measure of insurance for spouses in the event a divorce occurs.
- LGBT family law — While there has been progress in establishing the legal rights of LGBT families over the past few years, many challenges still exist. Our firm has detailed knowledge of the specific issues that same-sex families face and can find creative solutions.
- Legal separation — There is no official action for legal separation in New Jersey. If you seek to live separately but are not ready for divorce, we can help protect your legal and financial rights.
- Guardianship — In cases where children require legal supervision from adults who are not their parents, our firm manages legal arrangements so that these young people can grow up in a safe, supportive environment.
- Family–based immigration — We work to bring loved ones together when they choose to move to the United States from another country.
Whatever type of family law challenge you face, our firm has the skill, experience and compassion to guide you toward a favorable outcome.
Contact an effective West New York, New Jersey family law attorney to schedule an appointment
Winograd and Schwartz, Attorneys at Law, P.C. advises clients in Hudson and Bergen counties on divorce and other family issues. Please call 201-770-9990 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our West New York office. Our staff assists clients in Spanish and English.